Wednesday 10 September 2014

31DC2014, Day 8 - Metallic

Hello!

So I made it past the first week! We're now beyond simple color prompts and moving onto other ideas.

Day 8 - Metallic

Like so many others, I immediately turned to chrome polishes and foil.


My base is OPI Push & Shove. You're not supposed to use top coat, but for a tape mani you just gotta. I found the topcoat made the brushstrokes more obvious, but didn't diminish the reflective quality.
I used simple french guides to create the diagonal line. The 'foil' polishes are from Sally Hansen ColorFoil line (though the finish is often referred to as chrome). Index: Minted Metal, middle & ring: Purple Alloy, pinky: Colbalt Chrome.


On the thumb I tried to do a 'distressed metal' look with the dry brushstroke technique but there wasn't even contrast with the shades. On my accent nail I finally go around to trying nail foil for the first time. It was super easy and painless! Thanks discounted Ciate pack at Winners!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment