Tuesday 23 September 2014

31DC2014 Day 22 - Inspired by a Song

yup - I started skipping again. I was very, very busy this weekend doing ALL kinds of nail art things, but you'll have to wait to hear about that later...

My song inspiration is I'm A Survivor by Destiny's Child.
My bf DJ's and I guarantee he will play a handful of Beyonce/Destiny's Child songs at EVERY. GIG. How can I not love him for that?!?


I remember in the video they were on the beach in these sexy camo outfits, so I turned to our very own CANVAS lacquer G.I.Jane for my base (available now at our Etsy shop).
With a detail brush I freehanded the camo splotches using Misa Paint My Nails @Work, Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold and a few black accents in Essie Licorice.


I originally intended to stamp a camo print in gold from a Vivid Lacquer plate, but my friend had borrowed it so I improvised instead. I think a gold stamped camo would have turned out very different, more GLAMO (get it, glamorous camo!) but I still like my rustic rando version. And it does mean another camo mani is to come in the future!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment