Tuesday 23 September 2014

31DC2014 Day 18 - Half Moons

ok, after that last fail I feel like this one has redeemed me...


Simple, yet oh-so-fancy! ooh la la!
I already did a half moon gradient on Day 10 so again I wanted to be a bit more innovative for this challenge. This 'waterfall mani' was coined by the Nailasaurus, but I did a mash up of that with the half moon.
I started with Zoya Dream, possibly one of my fave polishes EVA (and yes, I have every other version that Zoya has made, but I do wish the holographic particles were more visible in pics)! I used reinforcement stickers for the moons and then a detail brush for the lines.


I don't know what it is with me, but I am terrible with striping brushes! I started with that and they just looked like a hot mess, so I turned to a detail brush for better control. The lines are fatter, but straighter, and I like the fact that they taper. I used Konad Silver and OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby.
The stickers prevented me from getting a crisp line so I redefined them after I was done with the detail brush. I love this look and want to experiment with more color combos!

-L

1 comment: