Monday 11 August 2014

New Stamping Possibilties with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

Hello!

So. If you didn't know... I like stamping. With my recent plate purchases I've been also dying to get my hands on more stamping polish. Konad polishes are a bit pricey (relatively), but are supposed to be the hallmark of stamping polish. My Gold Black is amazing, but the Silver I bought is way weaker than my nOPI Positive Energy, so my experience is hit/miss.
I started hearing RAVE reviews of Mundo de Unas stamping polish so I tried to hop on that train, but alas! I kept trying to check out and getting an error, then I read that they stopped shipping internationally recently. *cry*
With a little research (ie, going past page 1 in google results), I surmised the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri line was full of great stamping options. I raced over to the local drug store and voila! A sale!!!
So I picked up 8 shades. Here's 4.


I started with a base of In The Groove, a cross between a lime and avocado green. These polishes are so creamy and opaque! I find the brushes kinda fat and ragged looking, but it works for most of my fingers because the cuticle line is curved. My thumb is more straight across, and getting a nice straight line with those brushes is a bitch!. I then sponged on Mint Sprint (which I don't find minty, but closer to turquoise), and Brisk Blue. With Pueen plate 52 I added these geometric images using Sand Storm.

Can't wait to keep playing with these shades and finally be able to do more stamping over dark, and more double stamping!

Do you have any favourite non-Konad stamping polishes?

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment