Wednesday 27 August 2014

Colour Blocking and Holo Tape

Hello!

This look is a bit different for me since I very rarely use anything but actual nail polish in my manis (I don't use acrylic paints, studs, stickers, etc., not that there's anything wrong with any of those!)


I was at my local Shoppers (Drug Mart, for those of you unfamiliar with the Canadian chain), and saw a clearance bin with nail art stickers by Essence. As I said, I don't use stickers much, but I liked the holographic tape. This is a bit thicker and wider than your usual metallic striping tape (and therefore much easier to handle). It comes on a flat sheet (not a roll), so they're shorter strips. I think I got 3 or 4 nails done with each strip.

I started with 2 coats of bondi nyc Lady Liberty (seafoam). I waited a good while for that to dry, taped off the tops and added Misa Sorry Just Can't Help It (purple). Then added the tape across the border. Not only does it look great, but it hides a few of the imperfect lines!

I actually matted (Essie Matte About You) all but my ring finger after top coating (Seche Vite) . This photo is a bit out of focus, but shows off the different finishes better.


Which are you, shiny or matte?

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment