Wednesday 16 July 2014

Tropical Top Man

Hello!

Wow, time flies - sorry for my absence. Between birthdays, a camping trip and prepping for CANVAS lacquer's first street festival (check out the info here!), blogging had to take a bit of a back burner. However, I never stopped doing my nails, so here's the back log!

This look really reminds me of the prints I've seen on lots of men's clothing this year. The tropical trends from the 90's seem to be back full force and it was very evident when I went shopping with the bf at Top Man.


I started with 2 coats of Essie Mojito Madness on my thumb, middle and ring finger. I forgot how much I really like this shade of green! It's subtle, but to add sort of a weathered, vintage Hawaiian shirt vibe, I sponged on a bit of Essie Navigate Her.
On my index and pinky I used 2 coats of bondi nyc Chasing the Sun. It doesn't appear in photos well, but I also layered on CND Gold Shimmer for some sunny sparkle.


Using Vivid Lacquer plate 21 and OPI Eurso Euro I added the palm tree images. I love this plate!
Overall I really like this result. I think I nailed some current guy trends, an unexpected accomplishment!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment