Wednesday 28 May 2014

I'm So Fancy, Nails of the Day

Hello!

I didn't plan for this look to turn out so elegant, but it definitely made me feel kinda fancy when it was all done!


Silly me, I forgot to take a picture of the gradient before the stamping - but here are the details.
I started with 2 coats of Cadillacquer Blowfish. It's also the bottle I'm holding. I think it reads a hint more green in real life. The other two shades are also Cadillacquer (all 3 are from the Breaking Bad collection). The soft lilac colour is Yeah, Science! and the blue is Better Call Saul (I mistakenly said it was Car Wash on Instagram, sorry!)
I initially tried the gradient with the traditional make-up sponge method, but the sponge sucked up all the base and left me with only shimmer, so I knew it was going to take forever to get the right opacity. Instead I just painted the shades on, figuring I'd stamp over it anyway.
I then added the images from Pueen plate 65 and my trusty silver stamping polish NOPI Positive Energy, topped with HK Girl.


I posted this look on Instagram and tagged Cadillacquer. She reposted to her audience and it got a lot of likes. *fangirl moment*

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment