Monday 26 May 2014

Brazil! Nails of the Day

Hello!

In keeping with my punchy colour combos, I decided to do something yellow and green. To me that's always a fresh and citrus-y look, and since our weather has been summery the last few days, I felt it was time.


Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take pics under my usual set up, so these window shots will have to do today!
I happened to use 2 shades from OPI's Brazil Collection, I Just Can't Cope-acabana (yellow) and Amazon...Amazoff (green). My original intention was not to make such a Brazilian mani, but of course OPI must have been inspired by the colours of the flag, because that's all I can think of when I see these shades combined! I'm not much of a soccer (or football) fan, but with the World Cup in Rio coming up, I definitely see these colours trending soon.


Both the leaf image and flower image are from Pueen plates, the numbers escape me right now. I've used Amazon...Amazoff for stamping before and knew it would work well, but I wish the yellow had stamped a bit better. The glitter topper on my pinky is Elevation Polish Huangshan (the original version, the current version has softer shades of yellow, I personally like this brighter version better).

Did you immediately think "Brazil", or did you have another first impression?

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment