Wednesday 9 April 2014

Do I Have A Problem?

Yes and no.

I only started seriously collecting nail polish a little over a year ago, but I already have hundreds of bottles. How I store them is pretty rudimentary; 5 large shoeboxes lined up on a table. Personally, I find putting them into a drawer makes it harder to get an overview of everything when you’re sitting there wondering, What lacquer will I play with today? But that’s not to say that I won’t ever move on to something a little more sophisticated, just not right now.

Here’s a quick list of all the brands I own (minus a few Sally Hansen’s I keep in a separate area where my frankens are).

Box 1 – I love how PERFECTLY this box is organized.  The bottles are all square, and by some miraculous coincidence I have just the right number of bottles per brand to take up every bit of space available.

Emily de Molly, Cirque, Colors by Llarowe, a-England, Cadillacquer, and Elevation Polish

Box 1
None of the other boxes are quite as beautifully organized.  It’s just not possible between the shapes of the bottles and the number per brand, but I’m trying!

Box 2 – OPI, nOPI, Sephora by OPI, China Glaze, Dance Legend, Zoya, butter London, Duri, Nubar, Glitter Gal, piCture pOlish, bondi NYC, Orly

Box 3 – Hits Specialita, I Love Nail Polish, Starrily, Scofflaw, Smitten, CrowsToes, Darling Diva, WingDust, Girly Bits, Wicked Polish, Happy Hands, Indie Polish, model’s own, Pop Culture Cosmetics, Motives, Nfu-Oh, Jindie Nails, Cult Nails, and Beyond the Nail

Box 3
Box 4 – Misa, Hard Candy, Sinful Colors, M.A.C., GOSH, Nyx, Essie, Layla, FNUG, Deborah Lippmann, CND, Color Club, Quo by Orly, Ruby Wing, NCLA, Serum No.5, Enchanted Polish, Nails Inc., Ruby White Tips, CoverGirl, Sante, Revlon, Kleancolor, Ciate, Literary Lacquers and Finger Paints

Box 5 – Love Thy Polish, Femme Fatale, Liquid Sky Lacquer, Mrs P’s Potions, KBShimmer, Different Dimension, Lilypad Lacquer, Pretty Serious, Lush Lacquer, Nail Pattern Boldness, Pipedream Polish and Lacquer Lust

Phew!
I had told myself last year that I couldn’t go beyond these 5 boxes. If I want more lacquer, I’d have to clean house to make room, and not simply expand to another box. Luckily, timing for this turned out pretty well. I’m pretty close to my limit right now, but my buying has halted too because I am so focused on CANVAS lacquer.

The dream is that one day, CANVAS lacquer will be on everyone’s Stash List!


-L

No comments:

Post a Comment