Sunday 23 March 2014

Monet on my nails, Nails of the Day

Hey hey!

After my sister mentioned that one of my galaxy manis reminded her of Van Gogh (quite the compliment!), I decided to pay homage to another artist.

Monet's Waterlilies series has always been a favorite of mine - I hope I haven't done it too much injustice!

My thumb turned out the best. I think it's due to composition. Since my thumb is the largest 'canvas' (see what I did there?), the scale of which I made the pads and lilies really works. I kept the same size on my other nails, but I should have made them a wee bit smaller. Live and learn!


I need to work on my freehand art, but part of the problem is definitely not having a lot of practice with nail art brushes. Lots of bloggers say they cut their brushes down to size. I've done so, but not sure I did it right.

Monet on my nails
Overall, I'm still pleased with this. Not having a lot of practice, I think I took on a pretty lofty challenge and did OK! It helps that impressionism doesn't require a great deal of precision.

I finished this mani with a coat of Cult Nails Wax That, since I figured an old painting shouldn't look too glossy.


1 comment: